What is server management?
Server management is a full system administration service for your server. It includes security, daily data backups and updates.
You need your servers to be running 100% of the time? What about being kept up to date with the latest software & patches? NK Support take this job seriously and manage your server(s) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Managing a server can a time consuming task and difficult at times. We understand that this is probably not your business’ core function and you may not have the ability to monitor your servers round the clock.
NK Support offer you peace of mind! We will take that responsibility off your shoulders and manage this process for you.
Why do I need Server Management?
- Your data isn’t safe – don’t take risks. Who is backing up your server regularly and ensuring these will meet your needs in the event of a crash or being hacked?
- Having a server management service gives you the peace of mind. There is nothing like knowing that you are secure. We give you that confidence.
- Did you know that your server is vulnerable without regular server reviews and updates?
But I already have server management don’t I?
- Many companies say they are selling you a managed server. But what they are really doing is just passively monitoring your server to ensure that the lights are on.
- If you read their terms or FAQ you will find that many companies offer only initial setup reviews of your server and everything else will be dealt with for a huge hourly rate.
What about security?
- Server management removes the need for you to keep abreast of the latest patches and key software releases for your server. We do that for you. We regularly review, monitor and proactively update your server to help prevent your server being compromised. If you have any special security requirements, please contact us. Beware that cheaper solutions don’t offer pro-active software & security updates. This leaves your server exposed!
- We regularly review your server to ensure it has the latest control panel updates and security patches.
- Only with human reviews can you ensure the best coverage for your server.
- We can work with you to ensure that any major upgrades do not affect the applications running on your system. We help ensure that all your applications continue to work.
What is your backup policy?
- We have a standard backup plan for each of your servers. This includes a snapshot taken nightly which includes regularly changing data (including files) and databases. We also perform a full server back up of the entire OS weekly.
- We also look at optimizing your backup plan to suit your particular needs. We can implement live database replication through to incremental backups. Incremental backups are great for file system changes or large email repositories. We can also work with you on tweaking the full server backup regime.
Tell me about Backup Restoration & Recovery
- If you ever need a server restore, we will your server back to normal.
- Maybe you have messed up a domain’s database? In this case we can also implement a restoration of your database to a particular snapshot. Just let us know.
- If your server is crashed or hacked? We will investigate how and rebuild your system from your backups (and prevent it from happening again).
I get a personal supervising System Administrator (“sysadmin”)?
- We will assign you a named supervising system admin for your account. This allows you to get familiar with your admin and allows you to form that important one-to-one relationship. We give you a personal service.
- You are not working with a depersonalized company.
How can I submit a ticket?
- You can submit your ticket via phone, SMS, email or web ticket. We will enter the support ticket for you and update you via our ticket system.
- Want to chat live? Sure we can keep in contact with you as we work on your request using IM or our live chat system
What do you accept tickets for?
- Our teams are masters of many systems. Some managed server companies typically only offer support for a server installed with a specific set of software (cPanel for example). Here are some examples of what we support;
- We can also install & configure non-hosting related software on your server such as 3rd party software, 3rd party end user scripts. Just ask us.
Is my information secure?
Absolutely yes. We take care to protect your password information and details we may store about you.
Caring for your server is a priority for us and for this reason we offer backup plans as standard.
What are your response times like?
Urgent tickets are checked immediately without queues. The SLA is 30 minutes. As for routine requests – it depends, most tickets are answered within 2 hours.
Resolution to your ticket depends on the complexity of the ask and the urgency of it. Sometimes a tickets will be resolved within minutes, and others within hours.
Whats sorts of problems can you resolve?
Our system administrators are capable of tackling any type of technical problem on your linux server.
Obviously, complex technical problems may take longer to resolve than simple ones, but we absolutely do provide support for both simple and complex technical problems.
How long have has NK Support been in operation?
We were founded in 2004 as an IT services company in Minsk, Belarus.
We started as a web hosting support and server management team, quickly gaining trust of hundreds of clients and becoming well known in the field. Today we have grown to cover various technology fields and have became an industry leader.
How can I be assured of your service?
- We let hope that our testimonials speak for themselves. We can put you in contact with any of our clients and let them tell you about our service.
- We are a completely profitable European registered company paying taxes, with no tricks or fine print clauses! You can have peace of mind by knowing that we are a financially secure company who has been around since 2004.
How many requests can I submit?
Unlimited – Send us as many tickets as you like. We find that the tickets per day per client can range from 2 to 15 tickets per month or 2 to 15 tickets per day.